Would you prefer watching or reading this episode? If so, click here for the ‘Yerba Mansa with Cathy Skipper’ video and transcript.
Listen in to the holistic healing journey of my soul sister, Cathy Skipper, and the part yerba mansa played after she received a diagnosis of cervical cancer just one day after moving to a new continent. You’ll also receive access to Cathy’s guided audio journey, a downloadable meditation you experience accompanied by yerba mansa.
Cathy Skipper is an herbalist, aromatherapist, teacher and wounded healer. After living and working in the herbal world in France for 25 years, she came to live in Taos, New Mexico in 2015 where she lives and works with her husband, holistic psychiatrist Dr. Florian Birkmayer. Together, they run a private practice that combines aromas and Jungian analysis. They also have a school called AromaGnosis where they use a powerful combination of aromas, Jungian psychology and personal journeying to help students deepen their relationship with themselves and learn to navigate and understand the power of the unconscious realms.
Listen in for:
► How Cathy was led to yerba mansa
► Why it’s important to incorporate all aspects of the self when you’re healing
► An important consideration for essential oils
I loved spending time with Cathy and I’m excited to share our conversation with you!
By really spending all this time in nature and connecting to the plants… what they taught me was that I needed to know my own signature, not just to understand the plants and their signature and what they know, but I needed to know who I was and my sense of belonging. [Plants] have been my best teachers about what I needed to do to heal myself.
What You’ll Learn from This Episode
- [01:08] Introduction to Cathy Skipper
- [02:10] How Rosalee and Cathy became friends
- [07:15] Cathy’s path to herbalism
- [13:11] How Cathy got to know yerba mansa (Anemopsis californica)
- [16:22] Botany and energetic qualities of yerba mansa
- [18:02] Is healing only about the physical? Cathy shares her thoughts
- [18:42] How Cathy began working with yerba mansa on her healing journey
- [24:04] Cathy’s downloadable audio journey with yerba mansa
- [28:37] The story behind Cathy’s Attars
- [29:56] Why Cathy doesn’t use essential oils in any products
- [31:39] Cathy’s book and program: The Alchemy of Menopause
- [34:32] What has surprised Cathy along her herbal path
Download Your Guided Audio Meditation!
Click here to download your guided audio meditation. It’s a file that will be downloaded in your browser and that will likely need to be opened with your favorite audio app.
Connect With Cathy
Connect with Rosalee
Are Your Ready for More Herbal Inspiration?
The best way to get started is by joining my herbal community and weekly newsletter where I share my best herbal tips and insights.
When you join you’ll also get access to The Herbal Jumpstart Course which helps you figure out the best herbs for you.
Sign up below!