Would you prefer watching or reading this episode? If so, click here for the ‘Self Heal Herb’ video and transcript.
The health benefits of the self heal plant are so amazing! Sadly, self heal (Prunella vulgaris) is often overlooked or dismissed as an unwanted weed. But that’s a mistake! In this episode, I’m going to share some fascinating new research on self heal, especially in regards to skin health and cancer.
The versatile self-heal plant is also a great herb to turn to for many everyday health complaints. For example, self heal can help to relieve:
► Minor scrapes, cuts, and burns
► Sore throats
► The itchy, weepy redness of conjunctivitis
► and much more…
I’ll also share two favorite self heal recipes in this episode to protect your skin and keep you cool.
You don’t want to miss making friends with this lovely and gifted little herb!
After listening in, you’ll know:
► How self heal’s energetics inform its medicinal uses (and where to learn more about herbal energetics!)
► How to identify self heal
► How to make a delicious, demulcent, super-refreshing self heal tea
► How to make a deeply soothing and nourishing self heal skin serum (your skin will thank you)
Don’t dismiss this powerful weed! Reach for self heal to cool you down, protect your skin, heal wounds, ward off viral infections, and even to address thyroid health.
What You’ll Learn from This Episode
- [01:09] Introduction to the self heal plant (Prunella vulgaris)
- [03:01] Self heal energetics
- [05:31] Self heal can heal wounds and protect your skin
- [06:55] Self heal cools summer heat and soothes your eyes
- [07:32] Self heal kills viruses and modulates the immune system
- [08:36] Self heal helps soothe sore throats and upper respiratory infections
- [10:22] Self heal and thyroid health
- [10:50] Self heal addresses cancer
- [12:15] How to identify self heal
- [12:55] Harvesting cautions
- [13:10] Self heal recipes
- [17:26] Self Heal Fun Fact
Download Your Free Recipe Cards!
Connect with Rosalee