Would you prefer watching or reading this episode? If so, click here for the ‘Plantain Herb’ video and transcript.
There are so many plantain herb benefits! What some may dismiss as common or even a pesky weed is actually a powerhouse of medicine. Plantain leaf can help to soothe a range of complaints from itchy bug bites to irritating coughs to persistent wounds to an inflamed gut.
You’ll come away from this with a great overview of this versatile herb’s many gifts, tips for plantain identification and lots of ideas for working with plantain safely and effectively.
You’ll also receive instant access to a plantain leaf tea recipe so next time you (or someone you love) is recovering from a stomach flu or other stomach upset, you’ll be prepared.
Be sure to stick around to the end to get my recipe and free recipe card for plantain leaf tea.
Plantain is an obvious choice for many first aid or acute inflammations, but it is equally useful for chronic hot conditions, especially in the digestive tract.
What You’ll Learn from This Episode
- [01:08] Introduction to the plantain plant (Plantago major)
- [03:17] Plantain for hot conditions
- [05:21] Plantain for bites and stings
- [06:30] Plantain for wounds
- [08:44] Plantain for excessive histamine response and seasonal allergies
- [09:32] Plantain for gastrointestinal inflammation
- [10:39] Plantain for the lungs
- [11:50] Plantain seeds
- [13:05] Plantain identification (Plantago major, Plantago lanceolata, and Plantago rugelii)
- [15:25] Working with the plantain plant
- [17:20] Plantain Leaf Tea recipe
- [19:27] Plantain Fun Fact
Download Your Free Recipe Card!
Connect with Rosalee