Would you prefer watching or reading this episode? If so, click here for the ‘How to Use Mullein’ video and transcript.
In this episode, I’m sharing the respiratory health benefits of mullein leaf and I’ll show you how to make mullein tea. Mullein is not only a beautiful sight with its towering flowering stalks and those creamy yellow flowers, but it’s also wonderful for coughs and lung inflammation from all kinds of irritants and pathologies, such as asthma or an upper respiratory infection. Once you experience mullein’s ability to soothe the respiratory system, you’ll be amazed at the power of this ubiquitous plant.
It’s a strange thing that humans disturb soils and habitats and then blame the plants that come to nourish and heal the bare earth. Mullein, as generous as ever, offers many gifts and virtues to humans. My hope is that fewer people see mullein as an unwanted guest and more as a bountiful herb that we are lucky to have.
What You’ll Learn from This Episode
- [00:37] Introduction to mullein (Verbascum spp.)
- [03:18]Mullein leaf for the lungs
- [05:01] Nutritional benefits of mullein leaf
- [05:33] Mullein for soil remediation
- [06:25] Using mullein leaf topically
- [07:54] How to identify mullein (Verbascum thapsus)
- [09:28] Tips for harvesting mullein
- [10:54]Special considerations for working with mullein
- [11:34]How to make mullein tea
- [12:51] Mullein Fun Fact
Download Your Recipe Card
Connect with Us
Are Your Ready for More Herbal Inspiration?
The best way to get started is by joining my herbal community and weekly newsletter where I share my best herbal tips and insights.
When you join you’ll also get access to The Herbal Jumpstart Course which helps you figure out the best herbs for you.
Sign up below!